How to install pipeline valves safely？
Safety valves are special valves whose opening and closing parts are commonly closed under the action of external force. When the medium pressure in equipment or pipeline rises above the specified value, it can prevent the medium pressure in pipeline or equipment from exceeding the specified value by discharging the medium outside the system.
Safety valves belong to automatic valves, which are mainly used in boilers, pressure vessels and pipelines. The controlled pressure does not exceed the specified value, which plays an important role in protecting personal safety and equipment operation. Note that the safety valve must undergo a pressure test before it can be used.
1. Before installation, the product must be carefully inspected to verify whether there is a certificate of approval and product specification, so as to clarify the constant pressure situation at the factory.
2. Safety valves should be arranged around the platform as near as possible for inspection and maintenance.
3. The safety valve shall be installed vertically, and the medium shall flow out from bottom to top. The verticality of the valve stem shall be checked.
4. In general, block valves should not be set before and after the safety valve to ensure safety and reliability.
5. Relief by safety valve:
When the medium is liquid, it is generally discharged into the pipeline or closed system; when the medium is gas, it is generally discharged to the outdoor atmosphere.
6. Oil and gas medium can be discharged into the atmosphere generally, and the outlet of vent pipe of the safety valve should be 3 meters higher than the surrounding highest structure, but the following conditions should be discharged into the closed system to ensure safety.
7. The diameter of the inlet pipeline shall be equal to the minimum inlet pipe diameter of the valve. The diameter of the discharge pipe shall not be less than the outlet diameter of the valve. The discharge pipe shall be led to the outdoor and installed with a pipe bend so that the outlet of the pipe faces the safety zone.
8. When the safety valve is installed, and the connection between the safety valve and equipment and pipeline is open-hole welding, the open-hole diameter shall be the same as the nominal diameter of the safety valve.
Contact Person: Mr. Fred Zhang
Tel: 0086 574 28861663